Dev Diary Entry, 9th December 2020
I’ve got a new MacBook Air this week. I’ve “downgraded” from a 2018 MacBook Pro to an Air, since I don’t feel I need the beefier spec of the Pro model. I mostly use my laptop for web browsing and developing web applications, and weight is also important to me as I travel with it too (well, theoretically …). There’s a sweet spot for finding the best time to upgrade your tech products to get a good price for your older gear. I’m hoping that by selling my old one before Christmas I’ve maximised my profit!
What I've been doing this week:
- Setting up my new MacBook Air. Love the speed of a fresh laptop but hate hate hate setting it up: installing and logging in is so tedious!
- Accidentally making a Wiggles themed colour palette using coolors.co while creating designs at work - they use bold accessible colours for a reason I suppose!
What I've been reading this week:
- What’s the difference between Event Handlers & addEventListener in JS? - TIL: you can have multiple listeners but only one event handler on an element.
- React Community Stories - Loved this resource curated by Rachel Nabors sharing stories of devs working with React. One of my favourite things to do is read bio pages of tech bloggers so this is right up my street!
What I've been watching this week:
- Podcast 259: from web comics to React core with Rachel Nabors - Rachel’s journey into development is really interesting and worth a listen.
✍️ View all my Dev Diary posts here.