Dev Diary Entry, 25th November 2020
What I've been doing this week:
- Making this Dev Diary page a little clearer to read by adding headings to this list section. I got to tinker with Hugo template design.
- Getting used to AutoLayout 3.0 in the latest Figma update. It mirrors flexbox principles more than the previous version, which makes life easier for me.
What I've been reading this week:
- The world needs a tech diet; here is how designers can help - I loved the design of this page as much as the message. We can avoid building dark patterns into our web apps.
- How to de-Google your site to make it faster and visitor friendly - A really useful overview of alternatives to Google-owned products in your website. Replacing Google Analytics is something I’d consider.
What I've been watching this week:
- Config Europe - The full playlist for Figma’s virtual Config Europe conference. A nice background and relevant to me to hear how other people create design systems, now that this is a big part of my job.
✍️ View all my Dev Diary posts here.