It’s been a quiet couple of months for me online. I haven’t had much inclination to code or blog over the summer, or even post to Instagram regularly. But this isn’t the first time I’ve lost interest in coding. I just go with it and eventually I rediscover my enthusiasm for all this web development stuff instead of forcing it and having it become a chore. I finally squeezed a blog post out of my brain though which hopefully marks the end of my drought. It’s been a full 3 months on here since I last wrote a blog post!
- ✏️ I made a page of links pointing to my different profiles on the web to use in my Instagram bio. This is like the Linktree service, but I wrote it myself and have full control over it.
- 📚 All of the gov.uk posts about accessibility are interesting, but the bit that stuck out in this post about users who change colours on websites was about how you can’t even create a triangle with the CSS border technique and assume your users will see it - take nothing for granted!
- 📚 This blog post called “The Web is Made of Edge Cases” reiterates this and is a good reminder to build resilient sites.
- 📚 I enjoyed reading this blog post about creating accessible web comics.
- ⚡️ Sara Soueidan’s post was very pertinent and inspiring: just write that blog post!!