Dev Diary: Wednesday, 18 July 2018
- ✏️ I drew a bee using only CSS and HTML. I used a linear-gradient for the stripes, and made a triangle with borders, plus some other cool tricks. It was then chosen by Codepen as one of their Picked Pens and appeared on the homepage briefly! 🤩
- ⚡️ I was heavily inspired by this amazing piece of CSS art for my bee.
- 📚 I read this blog post about why it’s a good idea to hire junior developers instead of sticking to seniors. The insistence on only hiring seniors in our industry and not investing time in training juniors is something that really winds me up so this post was a welcome break.
- 📚 I read this interesting article about why you should avoid the placeholder attribute. It’s a horrible anti-pattern to use the placeholder as a form input label, which you see too often in the web. This post was a thorough explanation of why this is a bad idea.
- 📚 Do websites need to be experienced exactly the same in every browser? The answer from this website is no!
✍️ View all my Dev Diary posts here.